Poultry Farming in South Africa
Here at Smart Farming Technologies cc we also specialize in poultry/chicken farming. For that, we also provide high-tech poultry equipment.
Our Poultry Farming Overview
- We specialize in agricultural turnkey projects, for livestock and poultry markets, since 1989.
- We have extensive experience in the international poultry and livestock sector.
- We Erect thousands of square meters of housing each year.
- Cooperating with world-leading livestock and poultry equipment suppliers.
Our Farming and Poultry Equipment Benefits
- Environmentally controlled closed housing with independent microclimates.
- Biosecurity solution for avian influenza.
- Saving on infrastructure.
- Energy efficient solution.
- Low mortality rate.
- Better feed efficiency.
- 1 kg more egg mass per layer per year.
- Prefabricated and modular housing with schedule and budget control.
- Environmentally friendly housing and systems.
- Poultry manure solution.
- Automation system with computerized control.
- Remote control housing.
- Systems training with professionals.
- Highly durable with minimum maintenance.
- Highly cost-effective and ROI.
Poultry and Chicken layers farms
Our integration projects consist of:
- Annual production capacity.
- Project scope.
- Project Locations.
The locations of the integration of objects are highly significant for:
- Preventing poultry contagion.
- Easy for market distribution.
- Easy for raw materials conveyance.
The objects recommended locations:
-Layers complex – pullets farms and layer farm should be located 1 km from each other. The location of the different integrated objects should take into consideration technological and economic aspects. The locations of the integration of objects are highly significant for:
-Preventing poultry contagion.
-Easy for market distribution.
-Easy for raw materials conveyance.
Broilers Integration Project
-Specializing in agricultural turnkey projects, for the poultry and livestock markets, since 1989.
-Extensive experience with the international poultry and livestock sector.
-Erecting thousands of square meters of housing each year.
-Cooperating with world leading poultry and livestock equipment suppliers.
Our integration projects are comprised of several aspects:
-Annual production capacity.
The locations of the integration objects are highly significant because:
-Prevent poultry cross infection.
-Ease of access to market.
-Ease of raw materials conveyance.
The object’s recommended locations:
Breeding complex – pullets farms and breeding farms should be located 5km from each other.
Broiler farms – should be located 2.5 km from each other.
Hatchery – should be located 3 km from any farm.
Feed mill – should be ideally be located near a railway and not too far from the broiler farms. If the breeder complex is far, a small feed mill for the breeders might be needed.
Slaughter house – should be located next to the main target market.
The location of the different integration objects should take into consideration technological and economic aspects.
The feed mill is comprised of a number of elements, each of them modular:
-Grain intake system
-Portioning and weighing system
-Grain crushing and grinding system
Pelletising system includes:
-thermal treatment system for prevention of salmonella
-Steam mixer and conditioner
-System for oil spray on pellets
-Storage system for prepared feed rations
-Truck loading system
-Bagging machine (optional, as per requirement)
-Energy centre – electricity / steam
-Storage facility for feed additives
-Portioning system for feed additives
Chicken (dressed broilers)
-Raw chicken products sold chilled for frozen.
-Chilled in standard pack, 5 days maximum shelf life.
-Chilled in modified atmosphere (map) pack, 9-10 days max. Shelf life.
-Frozen chicken or parts – 1 year shelf life.
-Chicken m.d.m, if quick frozen 6 month shelf life.
-Will comply with national and international food quality and safety standards.
Waste Water Treatment
To Be Considered
Indicated budget does not included the following:
-Goods transportation (trucks & different vehicles) from the factory to the destination point.
-Local fees, duties, taxes and VAT.
-Local assembly team.
-Cranes, tools etc.
For more information please contact Amos Krisi at Smart Farming Technologies.